Wednesday, January 24, 2007

One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces...

Well, it has been a tid-bit since i last posted. I've been working and sleeping mostly. This week has had its ups and downs though, and its only WEDNESDAY... imagine that, more drAAAAmmmmAAAA. Lets start off with monday. Oh, that was a forsaken day, let me tell you. Monday marked my annual gynecologist(sp? i DID graduate from Apollo-Ridge... we can't spell.) exam. This, of course, is no fun for any woman, but it is especially awful for me being that my doctor is a MAN.... AND he is the identical match of Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. I was laying there trying to imagine i was ANYWHERE else and i half expected him to say, "Hi-didilly-ho neighbor..." Needless to say it was a very strange 15 minutes. He told me to meet him in his office after the exam. In the office i got the unfortunate news that my ovaries suck...(they have since i was 14) and my chances of having kids went from one in a million to one in infinity AKA no little angie's walking around anywhere. I went home and showered for the third time in 24 hours and went directly to bed...(after talking to richard of course.)
But then there was TUESDAY! Oh thank god for tuesday. I went over to Richard's house at about 6:30. We hung out with his family in the kitchen for a while. Laughing at his cat's Mr. Schfincter and Dixie. Mr. Schfincter is the most evil looking thing i've ever seen. It was sitting above me on the stairs and it was piercing the back of my neck with its beety little devil eyes. We all kept waiting for it to pounce. Then there is Dixie. This cat is my favorite animal ever. It's sleepy and yellow and it loves me. It will cuddle up real close to me where ever i am. (This coming from the girl who isnt a very big fan of cats.) Richard's mom went to a meeting and he and i went up to his room to watch some tv. I'll spare the details, but he made me feel incredibly lucky. This kid is so amazing i dont even know how i landed him. He would put his arms around me and tell me that i was beautiful. My whole life i grew up feeling like i was the ugly duckling... i never really heard that i was beautiful from anyone, so when people would tell me i usually shrugged it off. When he tells me it gives me goosebumps because i see in his eyes that he means it. He means it, and i'm in disbelief. I want to know what he sees in me... I used to wonder what took me so long to tell him that i had feelings. I wondered what i was waiting for. Now i realize that i dont want to know what would happen if i told him earlier or if i told him later. I dont want to know if it would have been better or worse if i told him at a different time. All i know now is that the exact moment that i did was the exact moment that made everything end up the way it is. Everything happens for a reason, and i wouldnt take anything back for a second. Everyone makes mistakes, but without my mistakes, i wouldn't have him now, and thats all that matters to me now. Ha ha, i'm such a love-sick dork....

No comments: